PDA

View Full Version : Program Start I/O error

jdeslaur
April 14th, 2010, 07:43 AM
After installing the client and verifying that I have access rights to the folders I get this message "Cannot load CommitCRM client due to windows permissions error. make sure you have full access rights...(internal codes:0, CmtPriv_100414082206_25049185.txt, create)

Support Team
April 14th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
In order for the RangerMSP client to work, the RangerMSP folder needs to be shared to the network to all the windows users that need to access the folder (In Share & Security settings for the RangerMSP Folder). These permissions need to allow these users to read and write to those files, so you'll need to enable Full privileges on the folder.

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,
Neta

jdeslaur
April 14th, 2010, 01:06 PM
So on top of the permission being set the folder also has to be shared?

I have the drive shared and mapped right now and it is still giving me the same error.

Support Team
April 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the update.
Mapped drives sometimes cause problems. Can you please try accessing the direct UNC, and starting up a client?
For example:
Start > Run
\\<RangerMSP-Server-IP-Address>\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Neta

jdeslaur
April 19th, 2010, 07:33 AM
still the same error.

Support Team
April 22nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Hi,

This is just to update any reviewing users; the issue in this thread was resolved by verifying that the logged in Windows user can create a file in the folder mentioned in the original error message. Once enabled, the issue was resolved.

Regards,
Neta