PDA

View Full Version : Web interface

Rohizam
April 8th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hi,

I've contact the support team via email but got no respond for an issue that i have with the web interface.

Here is the issue again. I need to issue tickets to my sub-con but my sub-con should only see the tickets that are assigned to them, update the tickets and also close the tickets.

This can be done via customer web login or employee login. The issue here is the sub-con were to use customer web login, the sub-con will be able to see all the assets under the accounts which we do not want them to see. We only want them to see the tickets assigned to them and the asset link to that ticket only.

If the sub-con were to use employee web login, its worst because the can see all the assets from all the accounts.

Any way of blocking the assets from view?

Support Team
April 9th, 2010, 07:20 AM
** RangerMSP Team Update **

Just a quick update - following the feedback above, starting with RangerMSP version 5.4 you can now define Subcontractors as Employees and use fully-featured RangerMSP Employee licenses for them.

Features:

Subcontractors can access the system via RangerMSP Web Interface for Employees.
Restrict Subcontractors to access only specific Accounts.
Limit Subcontractors privileges.

See more details in Subcontractors.

See more details about version 5.4 here.

The RangerMSP Team

Hi Rohizam,

Thanks for posting this. First, I searched our entire support database and couldn't find any request from you regarding this, except for your previous forum thread on this subject (see the link below), to which we have already answered. In case you have sent us any follow up email, it might have been blocked by a spam filter or been somehow missed.

Using a customer account, your sub-cons will not be able to view a concentrated list of all tickets that have been created for them. They will be required to check each customer account for any updates or changes. This is why we suggest using employee accounts with very limited privileges, so that your sub-cons can just view all their own tickets on the same screen (without seeing other tickets), minimizing the chance of tickets being missed. However, it's true that they are also cons for this approach. The RangerMSP permissions module cannot be set to limit employee access to Asset information (so, if you use employee accounts, your sub-cons will see all assets), that option is only available for the customers web interface, by removing the Assets Permission in Tools > Options > Web Interface > Customer Permissions (will not display any asset information or the Assets tab in RangerMSP Web Interface for customers).

For your convenience please read below for additional information (copied from our previous discussion on this).

Our Previous Communication

Thanks for posting this.

Following the article which details the options you've mentioned, we'd suggest the following tips for both options:

Using Employee Accounts - This option will allow your subcontractors (subs) the most flexibility, wherein they can create new accounts, create new tickets (can be limited to only allow on accounts managed by the subcontractors using RangerMSP Employee Privileges. This option will allow your subs to create new accounts, as well as view an account list consisting of all accounts in the system; however, editing other employees accounts can be disabled for subs accounts, so we generally suggest using this option when your subs have such an active role in the business as that you've described for us.

Using Customer Accounts - If security is a big issue for you, you can generate customer accounts for your subs to access. All the passwords can be identical and only known to you and the subs; however, usernames would need to be typed in order to access each account. This option also wouldn't allow your subs to RangerMSP any appointments, tasks, contracts, etc. however, this option would indeed allow them to create tickets and history notes for the tickets, as well as monitor assets and active contracts for the accounts they log into.

If you do not want your subs to edit tickets that have been closed, we suggest marking yourself as that tickets manager, so that the permission to view other employees accounts would prohibit your subs from editing the ticket once you mark it yours. This cannot be done automatically; however, since these subs are probably not trusted employees, you probably review all tickets closed by them anyways.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Doron