PDA

View Full Version : client notes for techs

nharel
April 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hi all

I am using committ for billing purposes mainly, but thought that it would help to keep notes and documentation about the client there as well. That makes it easy for techs to share information about the client such as network configuration etc.

However, I am having trouble making these notes available via the web access. Any documentation I import or create is only available locally.

Am I missing something?

Support Team
April 9th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Hi Nharel,

Thanks for posting this.
The notes kept for each account or ticket can easily be viewed from the RangerMSP Web Interface information page (view) for each customer account or ticket, once they've been saved in RangerMSP.

Any employee that needs to edit an Account/Ticket note can do so by clicking the Edit button in the information page, while new History Notes can be created from the Create New dropdown list in the top right corner of the screen.

In order for the RangerMSP Web Interface to have proper access to the documents folder, you need to share the documents folder to the network and allow permissions for reading and writing by other users (you need to make sure the user running the RangerMSP Web Interface has access to the documents share. Once that is done, you need to go into Tools > Options > Web Interface > Folder Mapping, and verify the IP address and folder information so that the RangerMSP Web Interface will know where to obtain the document files from to be pushed over HTTP.

If the issue persists, please send us the log files from your RangerMSP system. The log files can be found in Help > Technical Support.

Once we have the logs, we’ll analyze them to ascertain the cause for this behavior.

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,
Sherry