PDA

View Full Version : Access to current account key for API

mcbsys
March 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hi,

I had a quick look at the API docs but didn't see this covered.

Is there a way to get information from the record currently displayed in a given CommitCRM CRM window? E.g. let's say I want an external application to dial the phone number of the currently-displayed contact, or copy its details to the clipboard. I could read the info using ODBC, but how do I know which contact is displayed?

I've done this in the past with GoldMine, where it works via Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).

Thanks,

Mark Berry
MCB Systems

Support Team
March 24th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for sending this in.
Using Online Services, you can trigger the system to issue a custom browser command which loads a specific URL, with whatever RangerMSP database values you want referenced from the customer account that is selected.

If you can develop a PHP script that executes the command you wanted (dial telephone, Skype, etc.).You'll be able to use RangerMSP Online Services to pass data to your other software, by using PHP as a data processor from 1 side to the other.

For Example: if you use the RangerMSP Web Interface, then you can configure RangerMSP to open the RangerMSP Web Interface customer info page for a specific customer in RangerMSP by passing a URL, Data Parameter, and RECID value.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Neta

mcbsys
March 24th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks Neta, that does look promising. It might even be possible to call a web service without invoking a browser...

Mark Berry
MCB Systems