PDA

View Full Version : Restriction on Web Login for employees

Rohizam
March 19th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Hi,

Can web interface for employee be restricted to see only the accounts we want let them see?
I know web interface for customer can do so but i need these employees to see certain accounts only. If i were to use login for customer then the employee needed a few username and password for different accounts they need to see.

I need this feature because we going to engage an outsource company to run our services overseas. I want them to be able to create tickets, check if there is a ticket already created for them to attend to. Once the job done, they can update the ticket and close it. Once close, they would not be able to check it anymore.

Is there such a function ? or any recommedations?
I know locally i can set employee privileges but no restriction on seeing other employees accounts.

Thanks

Support Team
March 19th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
Following the article which details the options you've mentioned, we'd suggest the following tips for both options:

Using Employee Accounts - This option will allow your subcontractors (subs) the most flexibility, wherein they can create new accounts, create new tickets (can be limited to only allow on accounts managed by the subcontractors using RangerMSP Employee Privileges. This option will allow your subs to create new accounts, as well as view an account list consisting of all accounts in the system; however, editing other employees accounts can be disabled for subs accounts, so we generally suggest using this option when your subs have such an active role in the business as that you've described for us.

Using Customer Accounts - If security is a big issue for you, you can generate customer accounts for your subs to access. All the passwords can be identical and only known to you and the subs; however, usernames would need to be typed in order to access each account. This option also wouldn't allow your subs to RangerMSP any appointments, tasks, contracts, etc. however, this option would indeed allow them to create tickets and history notes for the tickets, as well as monitor assets and active contracts for the accounts they log into.

If you do not want your subs to edit tickets that have been closed, we suggest marking yourself as that tickets manager, so that the permission to view other employees accounts would prohibit your subs from editing the ticket once you mark it yours. This cannot be done automatically; however, since these subs are probably not trusted employees, you probably review all tickets closed by them anyways.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Reno Breen

natrat
March 21st, 2010, 02:44 PM
I was looking this too. Is there no way to prevent a employee/contractor from viewing the accounts section? I just want them to be able to see the details of the account for which they need to do a job, and seeing those details in the ticket only is fine. My fear is that any contractor can basically get all of your client details.

Support Team
March 22nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hi Natrat,

Thanks for posting this.
In this case, we'd suggest that you generate Customer Account Credentials for your subcontractors, so that they can only access the accounts they're working on at that time. Once the work is finished for that account, you can opt to remove that account credential. Parallel Customer accounts can be created for the same account. All creds created for an account will show the main account window for that customer, and allow entry to the customer info for that customer. Deleting the account you created for your sub can be done without affecting the other credentials set for the customer account.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Reno Breen

natrat
March 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
It doesn't really help, as my understanding is with this way I have to create a seperate username/pw on every account I want a contractor to be able to manage. Thats really not a good solution long term with multiple contractors. A better solution would be to have an option in the system for "Employees can only see accounts for tickets assigned to them." I don't know whether this is possible with the way you have structured the db.

Support Team
March 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks natrat. You've raised some good points and a nice suggestion.
I'll forward it to our development team and product manager for evaluation.

Dina

Support Team
April 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
** RangerMSP Team Update **

Just a quick update - following the feedback above, starting with RangerMSP version 5.4 you can now define Subcontractors as Employees and use fully-featured RangerMSP Employee licenses for them.

Features:

Subcontractors can access the system via RangerMSP Web Interface for Employees.
Restrict Subcontractors to access only specific Accounts.
Limit Subcontractors privileges.

See more details in Subcontractors.

See more details about version 5.4 here.

The RangerMSP Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
We have a couple threads on this forum which include all the information available on working with subcontractors:

First forum thread.
Second forum thread.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Neta

Support Team
July 11th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Just a quick update - following the feedback above, starting with RangerMSP version 5.4 you can now define Subcontractors as Employees and use fully-featured RangerMSP Employee licenses for them.

Features:

Subcontractors can access the system via RangerMSP Web Interface for Employees.
Restrict Subcontractors to access only specific Accounts.
Limit Subcontractors privileges.

See more details in Subcontractors.

See more details about version 5.4 here.

The RangerMSP Team

natrat
July 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM
this is fabbo, thanks :)