PDA

View Full Version : error syncing outlook fixed after turning off administrator & compatibility mode

xeneks
March 17th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hi,

When trying to sync contacts for a previously working CommitCRM CRM installation in slow rebuild mode I get an
Error synching accounts
Error accessing outlook
Server execution failed
(ErrorCode = 0x80080005 )

When selecting the outlook folder to sync I get a
Ooopppsss...
Server execution failed

I did two things that could have caused my error.

1. Upgraded vista home premium to windows 7 home premium
2. Cleaned up and deleted what appeared to be old temporary folders & files in the commitcrm folder, left from past backups from CommitCRM upgrades.

I have done a few things to help CommitCRM run on Windows 7

1. set the CommitCRM shortcut to run in admin mode
2. set the CommitCRM to run in Win XP SP3 mode

STOP!

Problem fixed. My previous setting of CommitCRM to run in Admin & XP SP3 mode CAUSED the Outlook Sync problem. Hope this helps someone else.

Regards,

Xenek Stoehr

error syncing outlook fixed after turning off administrator & compatibility mode

Support Team
March 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Hi Xenek,

Thanks for posting both the Problem & Solution to the issue you had.
We're sure that this will help future RangerMSP Users and Windows Upgraders.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Neta

xeneks
June 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hi,
I was premature with my diagnosis of it being fixed.
The errors changed, but the sync still fails.
Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,

Xenek

xeneks
June 27th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hmm. Ok, it fixed itself, between when it last failed, and now. It seems to work OK.
FYI

Windows 7 Home premium (upgraded from Vista, not clean installed)
Office Professional 2007
CommitCRM CRM 4.0.0.2, 10 user

Support Team
June 28th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hi Xeneks,

Thanks for the update.
We're happy it's working again; if this comes up again, please let us know what's being said in the new error messages. However, chances are that if there is a real issue with your RangerMSP Outlook Sync, then it would most probably be resolved by upgrading your system to the currently distributed release, since the version you're currently using came out a couple years ago. We also highly recommend upgrading so that you can benefit from all the new features and enhancements that we've come out with at an attractive price. If you have any questions regarding the upgrade, we suggest emailing us at support @ with your inquiry so that we can help you out.

The upgrade process is safe, easy and quick.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rinat