PDA

View Full Version : Formatting History Notes

seth.lester
August 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Is it possible to choose what information gets placed in a history note description field when a task is completed?

I'm wanting to create a report from the history notes generated when an activity templated is completely followed. But the test in the notes duplicates information on that report (customer, account etc.) and makes the report run over multuple pages. I'm just wanting to list the task titiles associated with the ticket...

I'm fairly new to commit, so I apologise if the answer is obvious...

Thanks

Seth

Support Team
August 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Seth,

Thank you for your question. Basically, when completing a task or an appointment, a history note is created, and the task/appointment description is automatically copied into the history note description. Since the description is taken as a whole, there is no way to control which part of it will be included in the note.

What you can do is avoid including the account description automatically in the tasks and appointments which are created from the activity template. You can determine this in the activity template itself by un-checking "Add Account/Contact info" (click here for more details about the task description - this works the same way for appointments as well). This way the description will not include this information in the first place.

I hope this helps.

Ethan

seth.lester
August 10th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm talking about getting rid of this stuff...

Task
Date: 11/08/2009
Time 09:00
Account:
Description:

All the add detail boxes are already unticked..

Support Team
August 11th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I see what you mean now... The history note which is created for the task keeps the original task details in the note for future tracking, and there is no easy way to remove this. The only thing I can think of is to edit the history note before saving it, so it will take less space in your reports later on.

Ethan

seth.lester
August 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Ok, can I ask a different question then.

When you using word templates, is it possible to get information based on a ticket, rather than an account...

What I want to do seems fairly simple...

I want to assign a group of tasks to a rep in the pending area a ticket and then print a list of those tasks and their status on a report. This way, we can print a "build server" ticket report and see that each step was completed or marked as not applicable by our technicians..

Failing that, I'd like to be able to trigger a form that is physically printed and travels with the server until its finished.

I'm fairly certain that the functionality I need is in one of the template areas (document/activity) but it seems that in one I cant get a simple list to print, without deleting the headers on every step... and on the other I cant get the ticket/user information to import with the account information...

Is there a better way?

Support Team
August 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Seth,

When viewing the Ticket Details select the "Print V" option on the toolbar - a menu will open displaying the different ticket report formats.
Select the "Expanded Ticket Details" report. This report shows the Ticket details as well as all Pending activities. You can then attach this to the server/PC/etc.
If needed, you can also customize this report layout to display only the information you need (Open the Reports main window, select this report, copy it to a new report and select to design the newly created report).

Doron