PDA

View Full Version : Emailing from the ticket list

AN-Tech
August 7th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I tend to work through tickets in individual windows because I haven’t found a way around one piece. I would like to be able to do the following…..

1) Enter the resolution
2) Add the charges
3) Set the ticket as completed
4) Email closed ticket to the customer

The problem that I have is that as soon as I hit the completed button the ticket is removed from the list and I can no longer click the email button. If I hit the email button before closing the ticket it will email a ticket that shows as open. So I have to either open the ticket in a separate window or go find the ticket after I complete it to email it.

Is there a way to make the ticket list NOT autorefresh so the ticket will still be there for me to hit the email button? Or is there a way to have an email automatically open when I complete a ticket? Anyone have any other ideas on how to do this?

Support Team
August 10th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hi ascendnet,

At the moment your solutions sounds like a good way to go about this. You can right-click the ticket and open it in a separate window, finish handling it, and when done, close this window. It's a good way to make sure you remember to go through all the process (enter charges, resolve and send the email), since as long as this window is open, this means you haven't finished handling it yet.

As discussed in several threads here, we do plan on adding further automation for sending emails to customers upon ticket closure. This will definitely help you further with this process.

Neta

AN-Tech
August 10th, 2009, 07:01 AM
So there is no way to keep it from dropping immediately from the ticket list when hitting the completed item on the ticket list? The reason I ask is that if I have it in a separate window and hit complete from that window it does not get removed from the ticket list until I hit refresh. It would be nice to be able to work completely from the list and not have to open in seperate windows.

Ed

Support Team
August 10th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Hi Ed,
The reason the ticket is removed from the list once you hit "completed" is that this changes the ticket status to "Completed" and the ticket no longer fits the ticket list filtering (which is probably set to show only open tickets).

You could change the ticket window filter to show "all" tickets, and then changing the status will not remove the ticket from the list.

/forum_images/ticket-window-status-filter.gif

I'm not sure it's always convenient to view "all" tickets, but it may work well for your purpose.

Neta

AN-Tech
August 10th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Viewing all would kind of defeat the purpose using the ticket window. I was just hoping there was a way to disable the auto-refresh of that window so I would have a chance to send the completed ticket email from that screen. I guess I'll just have to wait for the future updates if there isn't a way to do this.

Thanks

Support Team
August 10th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Yep, there is no way to disable to auto-refresh. I would stick with opening a separate window for the ticket while working on it. Seems like the best option for now. Thanks for your feedback.

Neta