PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get SSL working in CommitCRM?

tseanperkins
August 3rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
i have generated self signed certificates for my web servers over the years. i have emailed support and they directed me to the documentation they have online, and mentioned that a standard ssl certificate should work. Because i don't want to have to setup the certificate for each of my web users computers i purchased a certificate from a CA...

of course the CA wants me to provide a certificate signing request (CSR) file. i am unaware of a way that CommitCRM can do this so this is why i am asking if anyone else has made CommitCRM ssl work with a recognized Certifiate Authority.

thanks
tsean perkins

lpopejoy
August 4th, 2009, 07:07 PM
See here

Have you checked there?

Let me know what you end up doing to get it working. This is something I need to do this month!

Luke

AN-Tech
August 5th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Those are the instructions that we used and had no issues in getting it setup.

Ed

lpopejoy
October 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Ok, so how do you create the CSR for the certificate issuing authority? (In my case, godaddy)

I can find no way to create the csr...

Support Team
October 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Luke,

Thanks for posting this.

As I mentioned in our email:

You should search the Internet and find the info on how to generate CSR and a matching private key for your business. Then you should issue the CSR to your Certificate Authority in order to create the certificate.

Once the certificate has been created, you need to go through the steps in the SSL Manual, in order to import it into RangerMSP. Note that there is a very helpful troubleshooter in chapter 6 of the linked page.

Hope this helps.

Reno Breen

lpopejoy
October 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Ok, here are complete instructions on how to do it:

here

--Luke