PDA

View Full Version : Set up minimum hourly charge

mcbsys
August 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
In this thread, we discussed turning off rounding of hours:

here

Now that that is working, I'm wondering how to set up a minimum charge, say 5 minutes, with minute-by-minute billing thereafter.

I tried changing Tools > Options > Timer > Base Charging Unit to .08 hours (= 5 minutes). When I start the timer, it immediately shows .08 in the bar at the top. But if I let it run for 2 1/2 minutes and click on the Charge button, the charge as follows:

Hours 0.03 - Rate $125.00 - Total $10.00

If I let it run for 6 minutes, I see this:

Hours: 0.10 - Rate $125.00 = Total $20.00

So it seems that changing the Base Timing Unit actually implements ROUNDING to the Base Timing Unit, while showing actual time spent rather than the time charged.

How can I just implement a minimum amount of time billed, with per-minute billing after the minimum?

Mark

Support Team
August 4th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Mark,

I works exactly as you described - the Base Charging Unit defines billing units (the increment), so if you set it to 5 minutes then you'll be charging in 5 minutes increments (5, 10, 15...). You currently cannot set the system timer to start with the minimum, say 5 minutes, and then increment the time by one minute at a time. You may consider setting the base unit to one minute and in case the elapsed time doesn't reach your minimum billing unit adjust it manually.

HTH,
Dina