PDA

View Full Version : Business Process

PSG-Samuel
August 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
Hi,

We are currently trying to integrate CommitCRM into our daily business life and we are writing up some business process documents in order to streamline our operations.

I would like to hear how you would deal with the following senario, I would like to see how each company uses a different process or if there seems to a uniform one.

Senario:
Customer reports that there is a problem with their internal network and there is no internet connection, so a ticket is opened and a service call opened to dispatch a tech that diagnoses a faulty router. Leaves the customer with a temp router until their own router is ordered. Just to be sure everything is working a follow up call is to be done a few days later to check if the temp router has resolved the issue. The customer confirms its working. A quote has to be sent and approved, its approved and part needs ordered. The part is delivered and now needs to be delivered and installed at the customers location.

End Senario.

I appreciate everyones input.

Thanks
Sam

ajgyomber
August 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sam,

I don't really have any input but I think this is where the ability to track ticket status changes, as well as, equipment loans and parts-ordering may be useful. I'd also like to hear about some of the process documents you are creating.

--AJ

Support Team
August 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Sam,

I believe AJ is right - this is where you can use the ticket status to track what's happening with it at any phase of the process. I will also show you a way to track parts-ordering.

To follow the work-flow as you describe it, you can use a single ticket for the whole process.

For example:

1) After taking care of the initial problem, you can add a new task to the ticket, with a reminder to check on the router's status in a few days.

2) At the same time, set the ticket's status as "On Hold" (or rename the statuses to fit your vocabulary via Tools > Options > Tickets), to indicate that it is pending at the moment. You can also add a history note to explain the status.

3) After confirming the fix, you can order the part. You can keep the part PO number in the ticket, so you can track it from there. This can be done simply by adding it in a history note, or you can use a ticket field (e.g. Field 1) to keep the PO number (you can rename the fields by double-clicking the field name, so you can call it PO, or something similar).

4 )While you are waiting for the part, you can set the ticket's status as "Pending Order" (again, you can rename the status via Tools > Options > Tickets), to indicate that it is waiting for the part.

5) When then part comes in, you can set the ticket to be displayed in the dispatcher, and dispatch the technician for the onsite visit in order to replace the part.

6) When all the job is completed, change the ticket status to Completed and log the charges. You can also log the charges along the way whenever performing work for this ticket.

The nice thing about this method is that you keep track of the whole process under the ticket, you can see which tickets are waiting for parts at each time by viewing ticket by status, and you can also keep track of the part you are waiting for in the ticket itself.

I hope this helps!

Neta