PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM Process Causing Outlook to Hang

nicklloyd
July 31st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Almost every time I close CommitCRM I am left with a CommitCRM.exe process that causes Outlook to not respond. As soon as I kill this process I can use Outlook again. I am using Vista with Outlook 2007, any ideas?

Cheers,

Nick

Support Team
July 31st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Nick,

I don't think that we're familiar with such an issue, maybe it is related to a local setting. Does this happen on a single PC or all of them?
Anyway, I recommend that you'll send us your log files (using the Help menu in RangerMSP), we will then analyze them and try to see if we can find out what is causing this.

Thanks,
Dina

nicklloyd
July 31st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Dina,

Log files sent.

Nick

Support Team
August 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Quick update - from the logs this seems like a local issue with the Outlook installation. Working with the customer directly on this.

RangerMSP Support

nicklloyd
August 5th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I tried the Outlook repair as suggested, one item was fixed, but the issue remains. Is there anything else I can try?

Regards,

Nick

Support Team
August 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the update. Does this happen on other PCs as well?
Also, we would appreciate if you could describe more about the current issue.

Sherry

issltd
October 21st, 2009, 12:01 AM
Was a solution to this ever found???

I am experiencing the exact same issue but it only seems to occur if I send an e-mail from CommitCRM during the execution.

If I run CommitCRM and send an e-mail from it, when I exit CommitCRM the CommitCRM process CommitCRM.exe will continue to show up in Task Manager and Outlook will “stall”. Ending the process CommitCRM.exe brings Outlook back to life.

If I run CommitCRM and don’t send any e-mails the problem does not occur upon exitingCommitCRM.

I found a workaround to this is to exit Outlook before CommitCRM then there is no problem.

I am running Outlook 2007 with Vista 32 bit. I am still trialing CommitCRM 5.2.0.3.

Thanks,

Howard

Support Team
October 21st, 2009, 07:46 AM
Hi Howard,

Thanks for posting this.
We're not sure as to what is speciffically causing this.
However, if the RangerMSP.exe client gets stuck in the processes, the log files from RangerMSP would probably make note of why.
Can you please send me the log files from your machine? (Help menu > Technical Support)
We'll get back to you with any results.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Doron

issltd
October 21st, 2009, 08:06 AM
Hi Doron,

Logs e-mailed as requested.

Thanks,

Howard