PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Contracts

firstkmh
July 30th, 2009, 03:27 AM
this is just a simple request

I have monthly contracts with some of my clients which are based on a monthly charge per machine which is paid by directdebit but i do not know which contract to use in commit, I dont really want a block of money a block of time or tickets system

any help would be appriciated

Support Team
July 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Hi firstkmh,

It sounds like you are basically managing MSP contracts, which can be done very effectively using two tools in RangerMSP:

1) A block-of-money contract (to track the amount of work you actually perform under this agreement)

2) Contract-price charges (to charge the customer for the monthly fee per machine)

I recommend on using the block-of-money contract in this case because it allows you to define the pre-paid sum of money, and track the contract profitability. Whenever you add charges to this contract, they will be added as "not billable" since all charges are covered by the contract. These charges will effect the block balance, so if you provide more service than the amount of money the customer paid, you will see that you exceed the block.

you can bill the customer for these contracts using Contract-price Charge, which are automatically created each month when you renew the contract. This allows you to charge the exact amount according to the number of covered devices. I recommend on going over the user manual for the contract-price charges here. The great benefit of this is that once you define the contract-price charges, they will be automatically included in QuickBooks invoices, and will be automatically renewed when renewing the contract, so you can easily bill the customers on a monthly basis.

I hope this provides you with the information you need.

Neta