PDA

View Full Version : Quote Software

dytechs
July 29th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Is there a quote software that will work with CommitCRM?

ajgyomber
July 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Not that I know of. I'd like to see Quosal or QuoteWerks integration.

Support Team
July 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM
RangerMSP currently doesn't directly integrate with a quoting system, however, in order to keep track of your quotes in RangerMSP, you can currently use the Sales Opportunities. For each Opportunity you can manage a lot of information and keep history of the activity for this lead using History Notes (in the History tab).

The quotes can created in any quoting system, and linked as documents (in Word, Excel, PDF, RTF etc. formats) to the relevant Opportunity by simply dragging the file and dropping it on RangerMSP (optionally to the relevant Opportunity window). All these proposals documents are listed in the Docs and History tabs for each Account/ Opportunity. Note that sale opportunities can have as many documents as needed (for example different versions of the same proposal). You can read more about managing quotes under Sales Opportunities here.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

ajgyomber
August 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
You end up with duplicate entry without integration. There is no way to pull account information into the quote software so you end up having to re-enter it.

Support Team
August 3rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
ajgyomber - we know of users that actually pull Account information from RangerMSP database using ODBC (If I'm not mistaken they've been using it with Quotewerks). Some others export the Accounts stored in RangerMSP to Excel and import them to the quoting system. That said, we do understand how a more advanced direct integration would help.

Dina

g2computersolutions
September 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I agree with AJ that the current options aren't workable. If CommitCRM can't/won't handle a more robust quoting option, at least integrate with something that does it well.

Overall the program does a lot, but quoting is something that's seriously missing here.

kerby.p
November 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
As far as CommitCRM is concern, their software is doing a good job. That I have to agree. Price wise, and features...unbeatable. However, I am in a business where I have to send quotes out, then convert them accordingly to invoice or service order.
Presently, the solution for Quoting in CCRM is to create an opportunity in CCRM, then use your favorite quoting software to create the quote - Save the quote to file, import it as a history item under the respective opportunity in CCRM.
My problem with CCRM approach, is the fact that not everyone who works for me, creating quotes, etc, need access to my accounting software. Exporting the quotes to file, then import them to CCRM as an opportunity. If the quote is accepted, in QB, i have to convert it to an invoice, then reenter all the info in CCRM. That doesn't help. In other words, I have to hire someone and label them "quote manager" or something like it, to do just that.
The opportunity tracking, in my opinion, if it cannot be used to track quotes, it is useless. At the end of the day, my accountant doesn't care about CCRM, or whatever CRM I use. He goes by whatever is in Quickbooks. Because of that, I need to show quotes, conversion to invoice, etc...
In the end, I am going with CommitCRM for the price. I was told there is some kind of either quoting capabilities, or integration is under evaluation for the future. I hope that 'future' is the near future.

Support Team
November 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hi kerby.p,

Thanks for your post. It's definitely important feedback for us and we appreciate your input.

As mentioned above, quoting is indeed something which is on our list and we definitely understand how important it can be for your business (depending on your main work-flows). I added your comments to the feature request and although I do not have an ETA for this feature or for such an integration with a quoting software, I know it is pretty high on our list.

If we can be of any further assistance by providing help with our API or any other way to maybe enhance this process for your needs (perhaps import lines from quotes and create charges for them via our API, or any other way you can think of), we will be happy to assist.

I hope this helps.

Neta

racassel
October 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
It has been a year since the post above. Has the item moved up the list at all?
We're looking at VtigerCRM, it has a good , basic quoting system built in.
Should be simple work to get someone to buckle down for a week or two and put it up for beta. Possibly an opportunity for an add-on module as it certainly would be worth it.,

racassel
October 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Looking at this a little more, it seems a quote could be made quickly on-the-fly from the Opportunities area. All it needs is an "Items" tab, and it could update the opportunity amount automatically. Push a button and generate a quote from the opportunities tab.
Push a button and convert the quote to an invoice.

As a workaround, could an invoice be created as "pending", and a template that says "Quote, or Proposal?

Support Team
October 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks racassel.

As I've just posted in another thread - we are already working with them on an integration between RangerMSP and QuoteWerks.

Besides, we consider our options to develop our own quoting feature. Your feedback on Items and Opportunities make sense and I'll make sure it is being forwarded to our product manager.

With QuickBooks we generate Invoices, you can modify them as needed in QuickBooks.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Doron

g2computersolutions
October 29th, 2010, 03:07 AM
DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF!

Stay focused on your core business and continue to work with QuoteWerks or another provider who's core business is Quoting. Quotewerks is really good and would bring a world of options toCommitCRM. It would certainly be light-years ahead of anything you could create on your own.

For those that aren't familiar with quotewerks, check out their site at http://www.quotewerks.com

Support Team
October 29th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks g2computersolutions for sharing your thoughts on this. I believe that the QuoteWerks link will be available first. We agree that QuoteWerks is a good quoting software. Once available, and in case that we will continue to receive requests to implement such a module within RangerMSP itself, we'll probably reevaluate this as at the end of the day it's our users that tell us what they really need and guide us in the right direction.

Thanks,
Dina

lpopejoy
November 1st, 2010, 12:14 PM
Just to add my .02, FWIW, I think the Quoting solution should be part of the CommitCRM package. To me, that is too core to what CRM is to let it be part of some third party addon/module/license. I don't want to have to "live" in two different programs. I would use the Opportunities everyday almost if it worked decently.

mjpcl1
November 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
We use Quotewerks which integrates nicely with quickbooks, I think that an interface to Quotewerks is the best solution, Quotwerks has so many features, why re-invent the wheel ?

sgtinc
November 4th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I will add my vote in for the Quotewerks integration.

--------------------------
Quick update from the Support Team:

Version 5.6 with the QuoteWerks Link module has been released and is available at here.

--------------------------