PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM Backup Hang

carmen
July 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Just recently CommitCRM hangs-up at the stage in Backup when it says "login other users off in (blank) minutes". I set it to 1 minute and it just hangs up there and never gets to step 2 which is the actual backup. Backups always went smoothly before. what gives?

Carmen
carmen@risingicon.com

Support Team
July 14th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hi Carmen,

thanks for letting us know about this issue. I believe we have heard similar report on this in the past, and would like to better investigate this.

Two things which will help us:
1) Please send us your RangerMSP log files (via Help > Technical Support) directly, and we will have a look at this.
2) Have you tried manually quitting all RangerMSP clients prior to performing the backup? Does this make a difference? We are trying to determine whether this happens only when actually trying to quit the clients via the backup tool.

Thanks,

Dina

ajgyomber
July 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I've had this happen as well previously. I've been meaning to request that the CommitBackup program save the CommitCRM directory location and the Backup location. I keep having to re-enter those anytime I run a manual backup.

Thanks,
AJ

Support Team
July 15th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Just a short update on this - seems that a server reboot has solved the issue for now. We will continue investigating.

Doron

rkniffin
July 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I've had issues in the past where restarting the CommitWebInterface allowed me to continue with the backup after it hung at the logging off users. Hasn't happened to me in a long time, though.

I 2nd the request for saving the backup location.

midnightblue
August 31st, 2009, 08:09 AM
We have been unable to do a backup. The backup hangs at Step One. Rebooting the server does not work. Manually disconnecting does not work. Please advise. I don't know if this is the cause, but we have not been able to run the backup since the recent upgrade to v5.1.

Support Team
August 31st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hi midnightblue,

Thanks for reporting this. I'm not sure what may cause this behavior. First, I'd like to suggest some ideas, and if this will not help, we will move on from there.

Please try the following:
1) Stop all RangerMSP clients
2) Stop RangerMSP Web Interface service and RangerMSP Server service (if running)
3) Leave your Advantage service running (if using CSD)
4) Run the backup using the external program from: <server>\RangerMSP\Utils\RangerMSPBackup.exe

If this still does not work for you, we will need you to contact us directly and send us the RangerMSP log files so we will be able to further investigate this. You can send us the logs via the Help > Technical Support menu in the RangerMSP client.

Let us know how it goes,

Reno

midnightblue
August 31st, 2009, 02:40 PM
First, my primary issue is that I cannot stop the CommitCRM clients. The utility hangs at Step One. I have tried stopping the services using the above steps and then running the backup utility from the folder. It still hangs at Step One. I am able to click on the Enable button in Step Three to resume use of CommitCRM.

I am trying to send the logs. When I select that option from within CommitCRM, it gives me an Error - "Failed sending Email". My Outlook is open and connected to CommitCRM, the sync is configured.

Support Team
August 31st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks, we got the logs! Will continue this discussion directly via email and will update later...

I-Netcs
September 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I am having the same problem. What logs do you need?

I have no open connections but hangs at terminating connections.

Support Team
October 1st, 2009, 06:35 AM
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. The logs can be sent automatically from Help menu > Technical support.

Thanks,

Reno Breen

nattivillin
October 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
How do you send the logs if you have no email client installed? Is the only way to manually compress and email them?

- we are having the same problem, our first backup attempt. We are attempting to stop the services first and do it from the program, but its taking a awfully long time.

We have multiple servers, can we just backup the db folder? Does that do a full backup as well?

nattivillin
October 6th, 2009, 08:22 AM
The system never did stop the CommitCRM server, it timed out and now just says "stopping". No options to manually restart. We will have to see if a command prompt will do it.

We stopped the web service then the backup ran successfully. We restarted the web service and are trying to restart the server service. Hopefully we don't have to restart the server, we use other programs on that server.

nattivillin
October 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Ran a cmd prompt to stop or restart the commitserver and

C:\Documents and Settings\********\net stop commitserver
The service could not be controlled in its present state.

Looks like we have to restart the server

nattivillin
October 6th, 2009, 08:34 AM
We restarted and the service started. I took a look at the zip file that CommitCRM created as a backup. It has no files in it, it that normal?

Support Team
October 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Hi,

Since you posted that you've managed to create the logs archive, i just wanted to post here the instructions for where to send them.
please send the logs to Support @ .

Thanks
Reno Breen

nattivillin
October 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
We restarted and the service started. I took a look at the zip file that CommitCRM created as a backup. It has no files in it, it that normal?

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Hi,

The backup archive turns up empty when the backup process is stopped prematurely.
You should have the backup process run again.

Reno Breen

nattivillin
October 8th, 2009, 08:59 AM
We ran it again and it worked. We stopped both services manually first.

Support Team
October 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.
We're here if you need anything else.

Reno Breen