PDA

View Full Version : Turn off rouding of hours

mcbsys
July 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I'm testing CommitCRM 5.0.0.5.

I want my charges billed by the minute (or the hundredth of an hour, if necessary), not the by quarter hour.

Under Tools > Options > Charges & Contracts, I unchecked "Round calculated duration to 0.25. Hour." Under Tools > Options > Timer, I set the Base Charging Unit to 0.01.

However, when I use the Timer to create a charge, the time button contains the correct hours, e.g. 0.40, but the Hours field is filled in as 0.50. If I forget to press the button, I will overcharge the task.

I think I have found the workaround: under Tools > Options > Charges & Contracts, I have to change the text box to "0.00 Hour." It's counter-intuitive that the text box has an effect when the check box is unchecked.

Mark

Support Team
July 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Mark,

I think what you are looking for is setting a different base charging unit in the timer. This is actually available and you can set it in Tools > Options > Timer. I believe this will cover what you need, and you can then avoid the workaround, which, as you said, is not very intuitive.

I hope this makes more sense now :-)
Dina

mcbsys
July 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Dina,

I had already set the Base Charging Unit to 0.01 (see original message) but the workaround is still necessary.

Mark

Support Team
July 13th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Mark,

I believe you changed it only in "Tools > Options > Charges & Contracts". In order for the Timer to use a different base unit, this should be defined in "Tools > Options > Timer". I hope I'm not missing anything here :-)

Dina

mcbsys
July 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Dina,

As I said in my original post:

Under Tools > Options > Charges & Contracts, I unchecked "Round calculated duration to 0.25. Hour." Under Tools > Options > Timer, I set the Base Charging Unit to 0.01.

Can you duplicate the issue? Remember to set the "Round calculated duration" to 0.25 even though the box is unchecked. Then start a Timer, let it run for a minute, and click the "$" button to create a charge from the timer.

Mark

Support Team
July 13th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks Mark, I managed to reproduce it. You are correct, you need to change it to 0.00 even when unchecking the option, I agree that it should have been ignored when unchecked...
Thanks for sharing the workaround and for brining this up (logged).

Dina

mcbsys
July 13th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Great, thanks.