PDA

View Full Version : Web login for employees

Rohizam
July 8th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hi, I already have web login for customers which works fine but now im in need for a employee login.

This is because i need them to be able to key in new customer database in a predefine accounts or contract and also manage the tickets and cases.

I've got 2 remote location and i need both location to key in their database and also manage the tickets for their own accounts or contracts. The issue here is i cannot let them see or manage each other accounts or contracts using the web login.

Is there any best way to go about it?
I knew that on a customer login, the customer can only see and create tickets for their own accounts. Can i do the same to an employee account?

Support Team
July 9th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Hi Rohizam,

I believe the best way to do this is to use employee Web login for this, and restrict the employee to be able to perform only the actions you need.

You can restrict the privileges for employees to be very limited, allow them to view only their own tickets, etc. so they will be able to login to the system (also via the Web Interface) and see their jobs only. Actually, allowing them to use the Web Interface is probably the preferable way to go about it, as it is basically less feature-rich than the application, and still allows them to create appointments, track tickets, etc.

The users restrictions (via File > Users & Privileges) allow you to restrict employees from accessing the complete account list, so they won't be able to see all the account details, however, they will be able to see the account list (without details) when they create a ticket, and select the account to be linked to the ticket. I recommend that you have a look and find more suggestions on this topic in this forum thread (see questions #1 and #6 – they discuss sub-contractors, but I believe this is very similar to what you need).

I hope this helps.

Ethan

Rohizam
July 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the reply but i have a few more questions.

1. Are employee web login can also create new database (new customers w/o creating a ticket)

2. Can i restrict these employee to see existing tickets and customers or add new tickets or customers only for their accounts? or contract?

The purpose of this is because i have a scenario of whereby i need a remote employee be able to login via the web login and manage customer database, manage tickets and view only their accounts or contract. I do not want the employee to see other accounts or contract created by others.

Support Team
July 10th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Hi Rohizam,

Yes, employee Web users can create new accounts, if you give them the permissions to do this. As mentioned, you can set these users with very restricted privileges, so they will only be able to see their own tickets and contracts. At the moment, there is no way to let users see only specific customers, as the account list is available for all users when they select the account in a new ticket. However, you can restrict them from accessing the full account information, via the RangerMSP privileges.

As I mentioned above, I recommend that you have a look at this forum thread. It explains all the options for restricting employee users in a similar way to how you need it.

I hope this helps to make it clearer.

Ethan