PDA

View Full Version : How to delete contracts and tickets

mcbsys
July 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I've been testing CommitCRM and have some bogus contracts and tickets that I need to delete. How do I do that? So far I've only found Delete options for charges and tasks.

The main thing I'm missing in this test phase is a sample database. Is one available?

If I need to use my own test database for playing around, how do I set up and access multiple CommitCRM databases?

Thanks,

Mark

Support Team
July 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Mark,

You can delete contracts from the Contract window, using the Contracts > Delete menu option. Note that before you can delete a contract you need to delete any tickets related to it. Same goes for deleting Accounts.

A sample database with demo data is not available (good idea though). However, you can install more than one RangerMSP trial system on your PC/Network (one client can be running at any given time), this way you can have a demo database where you can perform all your tests and a second one where you can store your real data.

To populate the database you may use the import feature and import data from various sources (like Outlook, QuickBooks, Excel files, etc.), so you can work on your own data. You can find more details on importing data on our Web site here.

HTH

Doron

mcbsys
July 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Great, thanks. I was looking in the context menus for the Delete commands but as long as they are available from the main menu, that's fine.

Mark