PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Integration...

lpopejoy
June 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Three things...

Why in creation does that Sync window have to popup everytime Outlook syncs? It drives me insane!! No matter what I am doing, every 30 min I get a friendly reminder that CommitCRM is running.

Why does the Outlook Sync have to delete all my appointments and recreate them?

Half the time when syncing another user's Tasks folder, it pops up and says that it cannot find a folder. It doesn't tell me what it can't find. It happens about every other time. I am using Outlook 07 & Vista.

Grr! (is this just a bad day?)

--Luke

Support Team
June 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hi Luke,

I hope this one is a better day :-)

You have raised some significant points and I will refer to them below:

1) Removing the popup is something we have definitely heard before and we have this on our list. We do plan on letting users remove this popup in one of our future releases.

2) The sync with Outlook actually doesn't delete all your appointments. The sync process only syncs changes (except for the first time you sync when initially setting up your sync settings).

3) Once the sync settings are defined and it works for the first time, this should always sync and find the folders. This of course relies on you having full access rights to the other users' Outlook folder in your exchange. The only thing I can think of right now is that somehow the other user's folder is locked by the other user or that for some reason your Outlook disconnects from the other user' folder. Anyway, your log files may help us understand what is causing this, so if this persists, please send us the logs and we will look further into this.

Doron

lpopejoy
June 25th, 2009, 09:54 AM
1) Good!

2) It seems to delete something because if you look in your deleted items after the sync, you can see a bunch of "CmtTstItem-Deleted 06/28/2009 11:51 AM" items. No big deal. It's a little better day... :)

3) I do have full access to the other user's folders. I did send you our log files yesterday in regards to a different problem, so you should have them already!

Thanks,

Luke

AN-Tech
June 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Luke,

I've got the same problem with your #2 issue. When I inquired about with support they seemed surprised that the items were in my deleted folder. I got the impression I was alone in this :-) They said that these are some kind of test record used to verify privileges before performing a search. During a sync it is supposed to add/update/delete this record and continue with the sync. I can get more then 200+ of these a day at times.

Support came to the conclusion that it is permissions related even though I have full admin rights and can delete them manually. I still have this issue and the final result is that in a future version they will have an option to disable this test so it doesn't create this record.

Ed

lpopejoy
June 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. Well, you aren't alone. Most people probably don't spend much time in their deleted items folder, so maybe that's why others don't notice!

I'm looking forward to "a future version" :-)

AN-Tech
June 25th, 2009, 10:41 AM
For Immediate Press Release:

Coming this fall CommitCRM Business Solutions releases their highly anticipated upgrade. The latest version will not be called CommitCRM 5.2 but instead be called CommitCRM "a future version".

Support Team
June 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM
@lpopejoy- the items you see in your deleted items folders are indeed test records, not real appointments. Only changes are synced. As @ascendnet mentioned we plan to offer the ability to disable this test.

Have a great day,
Doron

AN-Tech
June 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I hope the humor was seen in my last post :-)

Support Team
June 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
:-)

foxxste
February 17th, 2010, 09:29 PM
This thread started in June and ended with promise of the issues being resolved soon!

Every update - yes they still dominate the screen and drive me batty - generates two of these items. One for tasks and one for calendar.

Can someone please do something about both these issues?
Removing the deleted folder items isn't a major but it is painful - the update notifications is downright irritating to say the least.

Thanks

Stephen

Support Team
February 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Hi Foxxste,

Thanks for posting this.

Since June, we have been working at completing the work needed to release RangerMSP 5.2 (the feature list for this release was closed prior to this forum threads submission date, so it did not make it into 5.2); however, that is done now, and we’re just around the corner from Beta testing RangerMSP 5.3.

Perhaps, you should verify your status and position in the Beta program, so that you can be one of the first to see what made it into 5.3; it’s highly recommended.

Regards,
Doron

lpopejoy
February 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Hey Doron,

Could you tell me how to verify position in the Beta program? I would love to get involved!

Thanks,

Luke

Support Team
February 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Luke,

I've just added you to the Beta participation list.
Please make sure your upgrades license is valid to guarantee your participation.

Thanks for chipping in, Luke.

Regards,
Doron

lpopejoy
February 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
As far as I know my upgrade license is valid. Is that something you can check for me, or tell me how to check. I know I paid for the updates...

Thanks for your help!

Support Team
February 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Luke,

Go to Help Menu > About > Show all installed licenses.
you should see a line there mentioning the upgrade license and its expiration date.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Doron

natrat
February 20th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I paid for the Outlook sync, and turned it off after 2 days purely because of the ridiculous popup which i reported/complained about in detail 12-18 months ago. Its still there. Why on earth is it so hard to add a checkbox in options to display it or not? Is the code so complex thats a major ask?

Support Team
February 22nd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi Natrat,

Thanks for posting this.
We already have this request on file; and we intend to make some enhancements to this area in the coming versions of RangerMSP. Thanks for submitting your feedback, as well as your comments about our product.

Regards,
Doron

foxxste
April 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Morning All

Apologies for not keeping up to date with this thread, but I have gained the following knowledge.

1: The CmtTstItem-Deleted items filling the Deleted Items folder: This appears to be an issue with MS Exchange only. We changed to Kerio Connect last week, and I have not seen one since.
This could explain why some people have never had the problem...

2: CommitCRM taking focus when updating Outlook: There is an option TweakUI to prevent another program from taking focus - but it doesn't work!!

Stephen

Support Team
April 6th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the update.
I'll mark these comments to be reviewed by the QA team.
Let us know if you have anymore developments.

Regards,
Sherry