PDA

View Full Version : Daily Appointment Report

hugicr
June 17th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I have been pulling my hair out trying to customize the Daily Appointment Report so that I run the report one time for all my staff. I would like to be able to select all employee's, select the date range and have it run the report. The problem is the sort order. Currently it sorts them by the time of the appointment. If you select more than one employee, it sorts all the 8:00 appointments together, then all the 8:30's together....... I would like for it to group them by employee (a seperate page for each) and then sort by appointment time. The grouping function in report designer will split each employee, but you have still have it sorting by appointment time, so if you do a page break you will get one appointment on each page. If you dont do a page break, it will still sort by appt. time.

So I need it to group by employee - one page per employee - and then sort by appt. time.

Any thoughts?

Support Team
June 17th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Mmmm, that's a tricky one :-)

The appointment list reports are all grouped by the appointment date, and I don't think there is a way to do exactly what you need. One alternative I can think of is filtering the report by each employee and printing it a few times, once for each employee.

Another possible way is to display the appointments list in the calendar view, sort by Employee and by right-clicking the list area > Table options you can either print this sorted list or even export it to Excel, and print it in any way you wish.

I hope these suggestions will help.

Dina

racassel
December 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
How about attaching up to the database via ODBC and having my way with it? Can I access my data with any other programs, like Crystal reports?

lpopejoy
December 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM
You can access the database read only via ODBC after installing the advantage database drivers. I use MS Access for a few custom reports like this that CommitCRM couldn't generate.