PDA

View Full Version : Measure How Customers Made Initial Contact

Compbck
June 13th, 2009, 12:36 PM
A useful feature of any helpdesk database is the ability to measure how customers made initial contact with the company i.e. newspaper advert, personal referral, return customer, Yell.com etc. When including such information, which available field in the Customer Account part of the database would be the most suitable to utilise for this purpose.

Support Team
June 15th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Hi Compbck,

This is a great suggestion.

You may consider a few alternatives for keeping this information:

1) You may keep this in the Sales Opportunity area. When you get a new lead on a customer, you can start the process by creating a new sales opportunity for this. In the Opportunity you can use the "Source" field to keep this information, as this field is designed for this purpose exactly. You can easily customize the possible values list for this field by using the [Edit List...] option when clicking the field's selection list.

2) Another option, if you wish to keep this information directly in the Account information, rather than create an Opportunity for it, is to use one of the Account's customizable fields (Field1, Field2, etc.) for this purpose. Each field can be renamed (simply double-click the field name to rename it), and you can easily customize the possible values list for this field by using the [Edit List...] option when clicking the field's selection list.

Perhaps there are also other ways to go about this which I'm not thinking of at the moment...

I hope this helps.

Neta