PDA

View Full Version : Daily Start Screen

fullline
June 12th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hi... I am doing a trial version of this software and have a question for users.. Where do you start your day in this program? And what I mean by that, is I find the program very complicated (and i realize that it is because i'm brand new to it - it seems very flexible and covers many areas, which I am thilled about) but I'm wondering if there is some kind of summary screen or do you all just setup reports or some other kind of screen where you can go each day and say "This is what i should be doing today" I'd love to see some kind of screen that says Here are all the task i have that are due today or overdue, here is all the calls or emails i need to make for these particular opportunities, here are the new tickets that need assigned, etc or do you all just get used to the program and know where to look for these things? Just thought I"d get some opinions from others who have used the program more than a week like me. Thanks in advance!

Support Team
June 12th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I know you asked for the community feedback, however, I thought that I would share our take on this with you.

We plan to introduce a dashboard/start-screen that will provide exactly this type of functionallity. It will probably be included in one of our coming releases (we release new versions several times a year).

Neta

lpopejoy
June 12th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Personally, I hang out at the main tickets screen. I sort by open time, account, due date or whatever... It isn't hard to see what needs to be done.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a better "dashboard."

Coming it sounds like!

Luke

ajgyomber
June 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Yes, but more important to me is probaly opportunities and revenue generating stuff that needs to be on the radar.

lpopejoy
June 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I agree with that too. It is very easy for me to forget about open opportunities. They just hide back in the back...

allenc
June 16th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Being able to customize the dashboard by user will be real helpful.
Salesperson or owner wants to see opportunities but technicians do not.
Technicians want to see tickets by priority and age but salesperson does not.
etc.
Maybe each user could select which "frames" they want to see on their own dashboard.

aaspeer
June 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
I have a suggestion...

I came from using autotask. On their main screen, you could see a user's utilization rate for the week/month based on a set number of hours assigned to the user's availability (within their profile). I always was set up to work 40 hours, so anytime I did work, my utilization would go up. It was very helpful in figuring out how much more work needed to be done for the week to meet a goal.
It would be helpful to have something like this on the new dashboard, or at least have the ability to enable something like this.

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated

Support Team
June 24th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks Austin, I added your suggestion to the feature request in our system. We have many great suggestions for this feature, and I hope we will be able to come up with something which meets everyone's needs :-)

Neta

Easy I.T.
August 10th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hi CommitCRM Support,

Just wondering if there are plans on enhancing the Home screen - its great having shortcuts and a work flow process, but to have real (useful) information would be even better. (Eg number of tickets open, Current opportunities etc.)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Support Team
August 11th, 2009, 06:56 AM
*** RangerMSP Update ***

A new Statistics Board was introduced with RangerMSP 5.6 which provides a quick access to advanced queries providing summary or statistical information regarding your business. The query results can help you keep track of different performance indicators for your company.

This answers many of the features requested above!

See more details in What's new in version 5.6

Enjoy!

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your input. We always look for ways to improve the user experience in the system and enhancing the Home Screen (or implement the "dashboard" screen as mentioned earlier in this thread) to include user specific info and additional data is certainly on our list.

We appreciate your feedback!

Sherry