PDA

View Full Version : Kaseya Integration

AN-Tech
June 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
We are currently using a hosted Kaseya solution. I had inquired with them about changing the alerts format to better work with CommitCRM per instructions that I found here. I was told that we could not change the subject line of the email coming out of Kaseya because it is a global setting that would affect all of their clients. They have asked if CommitCRM has contacted Kaseya about integration.

Can you tell me if this has been done and what the status is?

I know that Kaseya has great integration with ConnectWise. And CommitCRM sounds like it is starting to integrate closely with LabTech. So I am hoping that something has started with Kaseya.

Thanks

Support Team
June 11th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Hi ascendent,

Though Kaseya is not officially supported yet, we do have users working with Kaseya and creating tickets in RangerMSP via the Email Connector - see more details in this forum thread posted by a community member who managed to integrate RangerMSP with Kaseya already. I just hope that these changes can be performed even when using a hosted version of Kaseya. In any case, we do plan to enhance this integration in the future, like with other MSP tools we already integrate with.

Neta

AN-Tech
June 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Neta,

That was the thread I was referring to in my post above. Unfortunately we cannot make any changes to the subject line of the email due to the hosted environment. I am wondering if CommitCRM has started any communication directly with Kaseya so we can get better integration between the two.

I know that CommitCRM has an API but this seems like something that would be best handled with CommitCRM working directly with Kaseya.

Support Team
June 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM
We have been in contact with Kaseya. I believe that the systems may be officially integrated in the future.

Currently you can use RangerMSP's and Kaseya's APIs to integrate the system or, if you have Kaseya installed, use the nice integration options suggested in the thread listed below.

You may also consider using services like http://www.email2db.com/ to parse alerts sent from your hosted Kaseya and automatically convert them to formats that can be used by RangerMSP Email Connector so alerts will be automatically converted to service tickets in RangerMSP.

HTH
Neta

lpopejoy
June 26th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Do you have to have the SQL server license to use LabTech's integration?

Thanks,

Luke

Support Team
June 26th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Hi Luke,

SQL Database is not mandatory when using the RangerMSP-LabTech integration. However, it is strongly recommended as several different systems access the RangerMSP database at the same time. Using SQL Database assures data integrity.

Bracha