PDA

View Full Version : LabTech vs Kaseya

AN-Tech
June 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I've seen a few posts recently regarding LabTech. If anyone has experiance with both LabTech and Kaseya I'd love to hear your thoughts on the two. We are currently using Kaseya through a hosted provider so we are not tied into any MSP solution yet. I'd also like to know how well they can be tied toCommitCRM. Whatever solution we end up using long term both on the PSA and MSP side have to talk well to each other.

Thanks in advance.

ajgyomber
June 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I just attended the webinar for Labtech and it seems just a capable as Kaseya especially when it comes to automation and scripting. If CommitCRM and LabTech have two-way synchronization I think it may be the direction we want to go. It's not that pretty but looks extremely functional.

g2computersolutions
June 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
The integration between CommitCRM and Labtech is finishing it's beta process as I type. I will have two-way syncing between the two application.

One of the really nice features is the ability to have all the 'assets' in Labtech go directly into the 'assets' inCommitCRM. Believe me, when I had this work, it was a WOW moment as I had never really used the asset function because it was a pain to try filling the information in. This solves that problem.

Another really cool feature is how the monitors can be setup to do any of about 10 different thing, including opening a ticket in CommitCRM (with priorty support). You can send and email alert, print a page, simply raise an alert in Labtech, run a script, and on and on and on.....

I'd encourage any of you to download the trial, then email them and let them know you want to use it withCommitCRM.

lpopejoy
June 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
ascendnet,

Just curious if you've started using Labtech yet. I'm on hosted Kaseya as well. I've been attending their demos. Looks like promising stuff. A lot of stuff Kaseya can only dream of!

Luke

AN-Tech
June 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Luke,

Funny you should mention that I've been playing with it for the last week. If things go like I think they will I expect to be moving from Kaseya shortly. I haven't tested the LabTech to CommitCRM integration yet but I believe this was just released by LabTech on friday.

Ed

ajgyomber
June 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Luke,

I've been deep into LabTech this last week and I pretty much have the CommitCRM integration working which is way cool. It appears to be very powerful and I have yet to scratch the surface. It is not the most user-friendly system but I don't think any of them really are. They all have a learning curve. The automation and scripting functionality of LabTech looks fantastic.

--AJ

rkniffin
June 24th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I've been using Kaseya for 2+ years. I'm looking at Labtech. I saw it mentioned here. Looks interesting.

Just started looking at it yesterday. Anyone actually make the switch from Kaseya to Labtech? Can you give any feedback on transitioning from one to the other?

Thanks,

Rich

lpopejoy
June 24th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I just downloaded the demo after attending two webcasts myself. Looks like some nice stuff. I mean, it does stuff that kaseya can only dream of. I know K has a new release coming in June/July, but from what I've heard it isn't going to bring anything that Labtech isn't doing already. I'm building up a Server 2003 VM to play with it in.

I'm on Kaseya right now, but I'm just leasing it. If this works well, it may be worth the switch. I'd love to hear from someone who is actively using it. What are the Con's? What I hate about Sales reps is they always say "We are the industry standard.", etc... What is the TRUTH?

--Luke

vsouthmayd
June 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Could anyone using the Commit/Labtech Integration specify the integration hooks between the two systems: ie. Assets, Tickets, etc

Vernon Southmayd
Creative Computing

ajgyomber
June 26th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Vernon,

I almost thought to contact you. I'm still gaining an understanding of the integration but I can tell you that for asset information the following is transferred from LabTech to CommitCRM automatically:

OS Version
Model
Processor
MAC Address
IP Address
Gateway
Manufacturer
Serial Number

It is my understanding that as far as ticketing goes, a monitor can be configured in such a way that it automatically generates a CommitCRM ticket (as well as other things). It will automatically create the ticket and assign the correct asset to the ticket.

It is also my understanding that you can look at your outstanding alerts and simply right-click one and create a ticket as well. This is useful for not so critical alerts but ones that still require some level of work.

One super-cool feature is that you can right-click the LabTech agent icon in the task tray and it opens an email-like window that allows a user to submit a ticket and it will automatically be created in CommitCRM. This particularly was something I have wanted for my clients for awhile now.

Hope this helps.

--AJ

jtfinley
June 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Is it agent or probe based monitoring/scripting/checking?

lpopejoy
June 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Agent. I believe you can probe the network to find new machines, etc, but all the scripting & monitoring is done from the agent installed on the monitored machine.

Easy I.T.
July 13th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I've installed the Labtech trial - and have the CommitCRM integration setup. I've managed to import Assets and Clients but the ticketing doesnt seemt to be passing from Labtech toCommitCRM. Did you have to do anything special to get this working ? (other then ticking "Auto create new tickets" in the Integration config in Labtech. - I have all options ticked).

Easy I.T.
July 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
ignore my last - Tickets created within Labtech Control Centre are passing to CommitCRM , just not tickets created when a client enters a ticket from the Client Agent within their system tray

Anyone else that has integration working notice the same? or is it just me?

ajgyomber
July 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I have successfully received tickets submitted via the LabTech agent intoCommitCRM. It works so it must be a configuration problem on your end.

vsouthmayd
July 13th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hello fellow Labtech Evaluators,

AJ and I have been trading some ideas on the current Labtech to CommitCRM Ticketing and Time tracking integration. We are looking @ LabTech as a possible replacement for Kaseya, but Ticketing and Time tracking are big issues for us in a current Kaseya/CommitCRM that we need to fix.

The current ticket integration is Labtech can create a CommitCRM Ticket, but the ticket is only in CommitCRM and must be worked there completely. I had asked greg@LabTech if they had given thought to further integrating the ticketing between the two systems to leverage some of the features Labtech has on the ticketing side. The answer was currently no but that the possibility is there.

My question is the current LabTech Ticket integration what you are looking for (all ticketing handled in Commit), or would you want to be able to work tickets in Labtech using a one way push of ticket data intoCommitCRM. Where all work on tickets would be in Labtech, but CommitCRM would provide Contract Billing and reporting functions along with other PSA functions.

The other more complicated option would be to have a closed loop ticket integration where tickets could be worked in either system. This is more complex and tougher to debug since both system could actively work tickets and must be kept in Sync.

I actually think the current integration is great. Keeping the two function completely seperate makes supporting them easier, but there are features in Labtech that I would love to see in CommitCRM Ticketing. Like customizable locations per customer, ticket SLA escalation, ticket stalling and threading(5.1 coming soon I believe), and tech mobile access to name a few.

I opened a thread on this topic on the Labtech support forum for the CommitCRM integration. I would like to agree on functions that we as a group would like to see. If there is not group agreement I hate to see either company chase their tail developing to the horizon.

Vernon Southmayd
Creative Computing