PDA

View Full Version : deleting web users

linuxuser
June 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hello,

can someone tell me how i can delete a web user from an account,
or how to delete an account with all web users under them.

For deleting a web user, i can't find an option, and when i try to delete
an account i get the error message: "Account with existing web access users cannot be deleted"

Thank you for some hints!

Support Team
June 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hi linuxuser,

Web users are considered special entities since they can create tickets and history records. Because of this special feature, it is not possible to delete them, in order to avoid losing history activity or creating database integrity issues. We generally do not recommend on deleting accounts, but rather keep them in the system so you will have all the history in one place (you can never know when this will come handy).

In case you have an account with web users and you do not want to use it anymore, we recommend on changing the web users status to Not Active (so they will not be usable), and change the whole account's status to Inactive or something similar. This way you will keep all the history in the system, and yet be able to filter out these accounts by their status.

I hope this makes more sense now.

Sherry

linuxuser
June 9th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Hi,

i understand, thank you!

ajgyomber
June 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Is there a way to mark a secondary contact inactive but not the entire account?

Support Team
June 9th, 2009, 10:07 AM
This is something which we have heard in the past from other users and we have an open request for allowing to inactivate a secondary contact. At the moment it is not possible to mark a secondary contact inactive.

I can suggest to rename this person's name so it will be clear that they are not active anymore when attempting to select them from the list (e.g. add a some kind of prefix to the name indicating that they are not active in this company).

Neta