PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM CRM Optimization

ajgyomber
June 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I really like CommitCRM CRM but I am finding somethings that really irk me because I feel like it has many great features but then there is that one thing that just ruins it for me. Their support is fantastic and I really think that they really listen to their customers. That's probably why I am becoming more critical of these seemingly little issues that really mess with our work flow. I have high expectations! :)

Here are some examples:

When using the CommitCRM QuickBooks invoice creation it doesn't automatically check the account's invoice send preference which means the invoices do NOT go out unless you manually touch each invoice.

You can't automatically create web user based on the contact field. I have to re-type all their contact info.

There is no way to automatically email the web user with their login information once the account is created out of CommitCRM. I have to manually type an email for each person? More time wasted.

There is no password reset functionality in the web interface. All of my clients seem to forget their passwords (especially if I am doing my job and they don't have problems!). They should be able to reset their password without my intervention.

The web interface should NOT pop-up to full-size window. It's a bit strange for most clients.

You can't email all contacts for a client or a portion of them.

The email connector can't match text in the email body.

You can't delete/merge multiple tickets.

Not using the ticket resolution for invoice descriptions.

There are just some of the ones I can think of. I'd really like to see the current version polished up a little bit fixing this seemingly minor issues that impede us during the normal course of business.

Support Team
June 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hi AJ,

Thanks! As always, you provide great feedback and point out important issues which need to be addressed.

All of the points you have raised are logged into our system, and all are being prioritized constantly as we try to focus on the right thing is each version we release.

Just to shed some light on this challenge, prioritizing is not an easy task because we can see how each request can improve the system and help our community and we really want to do it all. However, we can't do it all at once and thus we carefully consider and evaluate each suggestion and decide what to do next (and based on the great feedback we received re RangerMSP 5.0 I believe we're doing pretty well).

Thanks for providing your ongoing feedback, we use it and appreciate it.

Sherry

ajgyomber
June 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Sherry,

I can only imagine how difficult prioritization is! I think the source of my frustration is that I do think highly of your company and development team and when I come across these things I say - "How could they have missed this!?". :)

My overall feeling is that maybe these aren't huge features but they are the little things that, in my opinion, make our day-to-day business more difficult than it should be. This is especially true of the invoicing issue.

Support Team
June 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Got it! Thanks,

Sherry

ajgyomber
June 9th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Let's put on this list a "Reset" or "Clear" button next to the search box "Reset" button.

racassel
December 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Have any of the above requests from 2009 been addressed in releases up to 5.7? Is their a public roadmap of planned changes to the next release, and a timeline for release?

Support Team
December 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Yes, many of the above requests have been implemented already - Ticket Merge, QuickBooks, Invoice Email preferences, Web interface no longer pops into a separate window, and more. Some Web-user enhancements are in progress.

Thanks,
Dina

racassel
December 27th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Is their a public roadmap of planned changes to the next release, and a timeline for release?
I am sure your userbase would appreciate seeing what you are working on for the next release!

Support Team
December 28th, 2011, 06:07 AM
True, we know it'll be appreciated. We evaluate this from time to time and maybe will introduce one. In the meantime we working on releasing new versions often. Thanks!