PDA

View Full Version : Using a monitoring/management tool with CommitCRM

g2computersolutions
June 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Like many of you, I have been using CommitCRM to handle my client service tickets and charges. The problem I was having was that I had to use a different tool to actually do the monitoring then open tickets inCommitCRM. This was a HUGE hassle.

Fortunately, CommitCRM was kind enough to share their API with my monitoring software vendor, Labtech Software, and the problem has been addressed very nicely.

Here's a message I got this morning from Labtech Software about their integration with CommitCRM and other providers:

=================

Hello Gerald,

We have finished our interfaces to Connectwise, AutoTask, CommitCRM CRM, and Microsoft CRM. We are looking for people to Beta Test. Please email me if you would like to be one of the first to get these new interfaces. We really need Connectwise Beta testers because we only have one signed up right now.

Autotask and Connectwise have two way synchronization of Clients, Contacts, Tickets, and Alerts.

CommitCRM CRM synchronizes clients both ways. Tickets and alerts created and finished in LabTech and are created and finished in CommitCRM CRM.

Microsoft CRM two way synchronizes contacts and clients. Tickets and alerts create cases in Microsoft CRM.

All of these are implemented using the new Plug-in interface in LabTech.
You will see dozens of interface announcements over time. TigerPaw is next in line, so feel free to sign up early to beta test it. A plug-in takes seconds to install and it can instantly integrate with the control center, database agent, and agent.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Nachtrab
CEO, Labtech
Office: 877-LabTec-3 ext. 114
877-522-8323 ext. 114
Cell: 419-304-2061
http://www.labtechsoft.com

==================

The big help here is that you can get CommitCRM AND labtech for a fraction of the cost of AutoTask, ConnectWise, etc....

When you get to where you order from them, please be sure to mention that you are a CommitCRM User or would like to have CommitCRM integration with your order.

Thanks again to CommitCRM for making this possible as I know that many software companies don't like to play well with others.

Support Team
June 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks g2computersolutions for posting this.

We've been working on this closely with LabTech recently. LabTech's plug-in uses RangerMSP's API and provides nice sync options between the systems.

Detailed information will be posted shortly - once the integration is out of Beta.

Ethan

ajgyomber
June 8th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Ethan,

What about integration with other RMM tools like N-Able, Kaseya,etc.? Obviously, we can send stuff to the email connector but it doesn't integrate the asset management aspects of these tools.

--AJ

Support Team
June 8th, 2009, 01:52 PM
AJ,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, in the future we plan to enhance the existing integration with other MSP systems and to integrate with new ones as well.

RangerMSP 5.0 introduced some new options that allow better integration with MSP systems, including N-Able (and again - we plan to offer even more in a future release).

I believe you've contributed some great samples on how integrate better with N-Able after RangerMSP 5.0 was release. Many thanks for sharing this info (if anyone already converts N-Able alerts to Tickets and RangerMSP and wants to enhance the interation with N-Able/N-Central I recommend that you visit AJ's thread and learn some new and useful tricks).

Ethan

ajgyomber
June 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Will LabTech and CommitCRM automatically share asset information?

Support Team
June 9th, 2009, 06:06 AM
We've been working on the integration, including asset data, with LabTec and hope that this will be included in the first release of their plug-in.

Ethan

lpopejoy
June 10th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Where is Kaseya at in the "integration" loop?

Support Team
June 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hi lpopejoy,

Kaseya though not officially supported yet, we do have users working with Kaseya and creating tickets in RangerMSP via the Email Connector - see more details in this forum thread posted by a user who managed to integrate RangerMSP with Kaseya already. That said, we do plan on enhancing this integration in the future, like with other MSP tools.

Ethan