PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Outlook Auto-sync enhancements

Support Team
May 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Starting with RangerMSP 5.0, the Auto-Sync option, which allows setting the system to automatically synchronize with Outlook at a selected interval, also supports synchronizing other users’ data as well. This option is available from the Tools menu > Synchronize Outlook > Auto Sync option.

Another great enhancement is that you can now save the auto-sync settings between sessions. This means that next time you login into RangerMSP, the auto-sync settings will be automatically loaded and the synchronization will occur automatically, as defined in the auto-sync settings. This option is available from the Tools menu > Synchronize Outlook > Auto Sync > Save Auto Sync Settings.

These enhancements make it really easy to synchronize everyone's Outlook calendars automatically when out of the office, and keep everyone updated with new appointments and tasks at all times!

The RangerMSP Team

oohgodyeah
October 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I know you have already received a feature request to be able to suppress the auto-sync dialog window when the sync kicks off. Do you have a estimated when that change will be released via an update? Next increment perhaps, to 5.3?

Support Team
October 19th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback on this one. As you mentioned, we do have an open feature request on our list to be able to suppress this dialog window, as we realize this can be disruptive. I was told here that this is not as trivial as it seems, so I'm not sure when exactly this will be implemented, but it's definitely something which is on our radar. Thanks for letting us know how we can help.

Sheli