PDA

View Full Version : CRM client takes a long time to start up

acrosser
May 26th, 2009, 03:27 PM
We're running CommitCRM CRM 5.0.5 on about 6 computers. We have no problems on 5 of them. But on this one computer, it takes 90-100 seconds after double-clicking the CommitCRM icon on the deskop before the "LoadingCommitCRM..." splash screen appears, and then another 30 seconds before the Log On dialog appears.

Even if I log on to Commit, click around in a few windows, then close it, and then re-open it, it still takes 90-100 seconds for the Loading CommitCRM screen and then another 30 for the Log On screen to load.

Today I formatted the hard drive of this computer (Dell Optiplex 755, Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz, 1GB RAM, 27GB free space on the C drive), reloaded Windows XP w/SP3, installed drivers, and then the first thing I did was install CommitCRM Client. But it's still taking the same amount of time to load.

The C: drive is 0% fragmented, no errors or warnings shows up in the Application or System Event Log. Doing a sustained ping to our CommitCRM server "CRMSERVER" from this computer gets a <1ms response time every ping.

This computer is connected via CAT5e cable straight to a network switch, which CRMSERVER is also connected to directly. They are on the same subnet (192.168.0.0)... same as all the other computers on this LAN, which start CommitCRM Client just fine (in ~5 seconds).

I installed CommitCRM Client by using this installer:

\\crmserver\CommitCRM\Utils\Install\InstallClient. exe

Has anybody else run into this problem? Any ideas??

acrosser
May 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Nevermind... I finally tracked down the problem. Nothing wrong with CommitCRM... it was a network adapter issue.