PDA

View Full Version : Single Item Search

dytechs
May 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I need to run a report on a couple of items to see how many have been sold. Is that possible using CommitCRM? If so, how do I create the report. For example, I need to double check and see how many anti-virus licenses have been sold so far this year. Can I run a report using a specific item to get that information?

Support Team
May 26th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Hi dytechs,

Thanks, that's an interesting question. Basically, each charge which refers to a Product/Part item, can contain a few units (i.e. you can sell more than one license to this customer in a single charge). This means, the you need to display all the charges which use a specific item, and then summarize the "units" for all of these charges.

I will demonstrate two ways for doing this, one via the Charges window, and one via the Charge report.

1) In the Charges window, you can filter the charge list by dates, and also by the "Charged Item". Then, once you have the list showing only charges which use this specific item, right-click the list area, go to Table Options > Calculate Formula on Column.
In the formula window, choose to calculate for the units field:

/forum_images/charge-list-sum-quantity.gif

This will show you the summary of the quantities that were sold for this item. You can use this formula also for the Total price.

2) In the Charge reports window, go to a charge list report (e.g. List of Charges), and customize it (we want to add the total units calculation).
In the report designer window, add a DBCalc field and set it to calculate the units total:

/forum_images/charge-report-sum-units.gif

And when generating the report, filter the results to a specific item:

/forum_images/charge-report-filter-by-item.gif

This will show you the total amount sold for this item, and the total price (which is already part of the original report).

I hope this helps!

Neta