PDA

View Full Version : Restore Problems

OmniCom
May 26th, 2009, 05:22 AM
When attempting a database restore I enter 1 minute for the sessions termination timer and all I get is an egg-timer and a message saying "Terminating CommitCRM Sessions. Please Wait". The screen never changes and appears to have hung.

How can I manually flag user sessions as logged out so that I can complete my restore?

Support Team
May 26th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hi OmniCom,

When using RangerMSP's internal backup/restore utility, it signals RangerMSP clients to exit using a temporary file. It's hard to tell what may be preventing this mechanism from working for you (may be related to privileges or other security settings), and we will need some more details in order to help.

Please contact us directly via the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP, and send us the log files - we will look into this and try to see what exactly is happening there.

Ethan

OmniCom
May 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I can't actually log into CommitCRM to enter help! We were getting error code 7010 and therefore decided to go back to our backup and then experienced the restore problem.

We now can't enter CommitCRM or restore a backup - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Support Team
May 26th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Hi OmniCom,
We will need to check first what creates the database error - please ZIP and send us the contents of the <server>\RangerMSP\Logs\ folder, and we will continue from there.

BTW, to restore you can also do this externally - simply make sure everyone is logged out of the system, and stop all RangerMSP services - you can find more information on backup and restore here. In any case, we would first like to check the logs anyway, perhaps we will be able to track the problem and avoid the restore!

Ethan