PDA

View Full Version : Error restarting Web Interface

carmen
May 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Today CommitCRM did a funny thing. When I went to restart the web Interface in Services on the Server.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

It did this over, and over again. The server is online & functioning just fine. I have restarted the web interface many times before and never got this error. any ideas?

Support Team
May 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hi carmen,

This error is a Windows error that is usually related to some broken/modified setting on your server.

If you Google it (http://www.google.co.il/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enIL319IL320&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q="Error+1053:+The+service+did+not+respond+to+the+sta rt+or+control+request+in+a+timely+fashion.") you'll find many resources and articles about it.

From previous experience a server reboot may solve it.

Another option, though less likely related, is changes in DEP (Data Execution Prevention). DEP may have been modified after a Windows update. You can find more information on setting the DEP in the troubleshooting section here. If you modify any DEP settings, please make sure to restart the server in order for the changes to take effect.

In case the above doesn't help, please send us your RangerMSP's log files for analysis. Logs can be send using the Help menu > Technical Support option in RangerMSP client.

In any case - please also report back here. Thanks.

Doron

nattivillin
October 2nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Is there a command line to restart the CommitCRM server without have to go to services, find it, and do it manually?

Support Team
October 2nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Thank you for sending in this question.
You can create a batch file (1.bat?), which will send the stop command and then the start command, please allow a minute or 2 until the service shuts down and starts up again.
Here's a sample of the batch file you need to create (Run only as administrative user):
====================

@echo off
Sc stop RangerMSPServer
Ping -n 11 127.0.0.1 >NUL
Sc start RangerMSPServer

====================
Please note that in line 3 of this script I placed some code with the purpose to delay the script, so that the service has time to stop.
If you notice the service stops and does not come back, please increase the value placed after the "-n" in line 3, to fine tune the delay period.

Let me know if this helps.

Reno Breen