PDA

View Full Version : How can I sync other user's Outlook folders?

Product FAQ
November 14th, 2007, 07:45 AM
How can I sync other user's Outlook folders?

Support Team
November 14th, 2007, 07:47 AM
The RangerMSP-Outlook Sync module lets a single user perform a sync for other users. For example, the Dispatcher can now schedule on-site visits for technicians and select to sync their Outlook with RangerMSP in a single click (Exchange® server is required).

Users who wish to allow other users to sync their Outlook® folders, should set the flag "Allow other users to sync Accounts/Tasks/Appointments for me" in the Outlook options window. Note that this should be set separately for Account, Tasks and Appointments.

The Dispatcher should then use Tools > Synchronize Outlook > Sync Other Users Data.

BobShoe
November 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Is there a way that one admin can setup for all the users to be synched? It appears that each user needs to log into the LAN version to set it up.

Support Team
November 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
The Outlook sync is personal per employee and each user should log into RangerMSP and set their own Outlook settings.

Note that the Outlook settings should be set only once per new employee. After the settings are defined you can synchronize the Outlook at any time, and if the "Allow other users to sync Accounts/Tasks/Appointments for me" option is set, you can also synchronize their Outlook from other users at any time.

Dina