PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 RC x64 Error

aaspeer
May 19th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I am running windows 7 RC x64 and when I launch CommitCRM 5.0 I get the error message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information (Window Title)

Ooopppsss...

The following message has been recorded:

Win32 Error. Code:87.
The parameter is incorrect

If the above message/solution is not clear, and you are still encountering problems, we recommend you log our from Commit, log in again and retry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have logged out and back in and other than this messgae popping up once and awhile CommitCRM seems to work fine. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks,

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated
www.MyOnward.com

Support Team
May 19th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Hi Austin,

Thank you for reporting this.

Windows 7 RC is currently not being supported.

We, obviously, plan to support it after it is officially released by Microsoft. We may also release a RC that's support this earlier, though we will officially support it only after testing it thoughtfully under the final release of Windows 7.

Thanks,
Dina

lpopejoy
May 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
We have it running on a machine with Windows 7 64bit. We are not having any problems - so far!

huntervalley
May 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
I am running commitcrm in vmware workstation inside windows 7 :)

Noodle2732
June 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
I had the same problem, I think it only happens when Windows 7 is the first OS to use CommitCRM and it hence creates various files. I used Server 2008 to install CommitCRM on the server then ran the CommitCRM client locally on the server.

After that i then used windows 7 to login to the account i created and i haven't had the error since.

Support Team
June 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the additional information Noodle2732, that's interesting, and we will look further into it.

Ethan