PDA

View Full Version : Emails Not Sending

nicklloyd
May 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hi,

We've just installed CommitCRM as a trial and we're starting to put some data into it. I've set up the email connector and tickets are being logged when an email comes into our support mailbox.

However, emails aren't being sent out with the ticket reference as they should be. When I send a test message in the ServerConfig tool it arrives at the destination, but the automatic mails don't seem to be working.

Can you advise?

Thanks,

Nick

Support Team
May 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Nick,

Sounds like a problem with the Outgoing emails. This may happen during the initial setup phase, where the settings for the outgoing emails which are defined via the ServerConfig were wrong at some point. If the server attempts to send the emails with the wrong settings, these email can get "stuck" in the queue and prevent from newer emails from being sent out.

In this case, you should try to clear the current outgoing emails queue, and then test this again to see if the new settings work.

To clear the outgoing queue:
1) Stop the RangerMSPServer service
2) Delete the files (if exist) from <server>\RangerMSP\Server\QSysEDOutbox\
3) Restart the service and test this again

If this does not help, I'd also try going over the troubleshooting section here, perhaps something there would help.

If none helps, I suggest that you contact us directly with the RangerMSP log files (via the Help > Technical Support menu in the application), and we will look further into it. Sometimes this is something specific with the settings which require further analysis.

Ethan

Support Team
May 27th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Just a quick update - this was resolved by the customer right after the support request was issued. Solution: The account which was being used for sending didn’t have ‘Send As’ rights for the mailbox provided address. Once that was added mails started to flow.