PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Add Web Users

carmen
May 13th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I get the following error when trying to add a particular customer to the Web Interface even though that customer was created and set-up in the same way as 10 other customers before them who where successfully assigned a WebInterface Username & password.

Cannot Add Web User to your business record. (add Web Users for employees instead)

I don't understand why I get this error for this 1 customer? any ideas?

Support Team
May 13th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Hi carmen,

sounds like you are trying to add the Web User to an Account which is your own company in RangerMSP. This account (which is usually the first account you create when running RangerMSP for the first time), is a special account, and doesn't behave like other customer accounts. If you wish to add Web Users for your own company, this is usually done via the employees window, by defining a Web User in the employee tab.

I hope this makes more sense now.

Neta

carmen
May 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
That is what the error would imply. However, the account in question was the 11th account created. (we already have the company account up) and was created by going to the NEW Account tab and entering company info. and designating it a "Customer". Just like the other 10 I created like that before which work with webinterface. Any other suggestions? I can't delete the account, so should I just create a duplicate?

Support Team
May 13th, 2009, 08:49 AM
This is very strange. I'd like you to check two things:

1) I'd start by restarting the application, to make sure there is no confusion with too many open windows or something like that.

2) In the Accounts window, go to the Accounts main menu > More Actions > My Business Account. This option should open the account which is defined as your business account. In case it opens the account you are currently trying to update, this means that this is indeed the business account, and perhaps there has been a mistake where someone renamed the original business account, which can create this confusion.

I hope this helps.

Neta