PDA

View Full Version : Contract Question

aaspeer
May 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Hi,

I have a few clients on what we call "Time Unlimited" contracts. I have the contract set up in CommitCRM as a $0.00/hr rate, however, each time I go to log time to a ticket I have to uncheck the 'Billable' check box. Is there a way that I can specify that time for a client is unbillable? I know with block hour contracts that it does not check the 'Billable' check box.

Thanks,

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated
www.MyOnward.com

Support Team
May 12th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Hi Austin,

In order to implement a "Time Unlimited" or "All Included" contract, I recommend on using a "Block of Money" contract. When using the block of money contract, the system assumes that all of the services provided under this contract are included in the contract price, so all charges are automatically added as not-billable.

Another benefit of using this type of contract is that when adding charges this will effect the block balance, so if you exceed the amount defined in the block, the system will alert you, and you will be able to see that perhaps the contract is not profitable for you.

You can also find some more details on the "billable" flag behavior according to the contract type in the Billing user guide here.

Neta