PDA

View Full Version : Problems and Resolutions Report

swallservices
May 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I know this is a dumb question and the answer is probably obvious and right in front of my face...

In the tickets view there is a Problems and Resolutions report that shows the ticket description and resolution for the selected ticket. The report seems to indicate that it can show this information for multiple tickets as it has a "number of tickets in this report" line at the bottom. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to select more than one ticket to show on this report however. I can hold down control, shift, etc but I cannot select more than one ticket. I've tried changing views etc. but can't seem to figure this out.

How can I get this report to show details for more than one ticket?

Thanks!

Support Team
May 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hi swallservices, thank you for your question. I will try to explain this from the start, and I hope it will make this clearer.

All Ticket reports which are available from the Ticket window, allow you to print the report for a single ticket (the ticket which is selected in the list). This is convenient in case you wish to print out a specific report when viewing the ticket itself.

In addition, you can print these reports from the Reports window (click the Reports icon on the left pane). In the Report window, you can find a list of all of the available reports, by categories. If you go to the Tickets category, you will see all of the ticket reports, including the "Problems and Resolutions" report, and many others.

If you generate the report from the Reports window, this opens a Report Generation Window, which allows you to select the filtering criteria for the report results. This way you can choose which tickets you wish to print out in the report (e.g. "all tickets which are assigned to a specific manager" or "all tickets which are linked to a specific account", etc.). This will print out the report with all the tickets which fit the filter included.

I hope this makes more sense now :-)

Neta

swallservices
May 11th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Makes perfect sense, thanks! Like I said, I knew it was something obvious I just wasn't seeing :)