PDA

View Full Version : Tracking comms re a ticket

vlizzi
May 8th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I need to understand how a tickes communications is tracked. For example, a client sends an email to the system. You, as an engineer see the request as have a need to ask for more information, I am guessing you would reply to the job. The client get's the email and then his reply. When you send the email from the system, it has your email, not the helpdesk. How does this trail of comms stay attached to the job?

Support Team
May 8th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Thank you for posting this question.

Email correspondence is currently filed in RangerMSP in a few levels:

1) When using the Email Connector which automatically creates a ticket from incoming customer emails, and sends automatic email response to the customer with the ticket details. The original email is saved together with the ticket, so you can access it at all times.

2) When you wish to communicate with the customer regarding the ticket, you can send out an email by clicking the Email icon on the ticket's tool bar, which will copy the ticket details into the email, and will automatically file this email under the ticket in RangerMSP.

3) When the customer replies, and the email arrives back to the Email Connector, the system automatically identifies that it is related to an existing ticket and ignore this email (i.e. it will not create a new ticket for this), and will forward it to the internal email address for manual review by your helpdesk. You can then drag-and-drop the email onto the RangerMSP window (from your Outlook) in order to file it in the ticket. Same goes if the email was sent directly to the technician's email - you can drag and drop it in order to file it.

On a side note - in a coming release, we plan on supporting more automated email threading capabilities which will file the incoming emails (which arrive at the Email Connector) which are part of a thread, under the ticket automatically (currently the email is only forwarded to your helpdesk).

I hope this helps to make it clearer.

Neta

vlizzi
May 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Thank you Neta,

I have been testing this.

What is important to me is that all comms for a ticket get tracked with the job. I hav enoticed that if I create a new email from withing a ticket, it add it to the ticket. If that email is asking for more info, and the client then replies to my email, I can move that response to the ticket. That is all fine. If I then need to reply to that response, I open the reply from the client which I have copied into teh ticket, but the rely I send is not saved in the ticket. Is there a way of doing this?

Support Team
May 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hi vlizzi,

At the moment only if you send the email by clicking the email icon in the application window, this will file the email in RangerMSP. If you reply the email directly from the email window, this will not automatically file it, and you will need to drag the email into the application window in order to file it. However, you can consider starting a new email from within the Ticket and paste the relevant text from the customer's email.

As mentioned, we plan on adding such capabilities in a coming release, for better email threading management. Thanks for your details feedback on this.

Neta

ajgyomber
May 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hurry up with that release. :)

vlizzi
May 16th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Yes, I have to agree, it is important to be ablw to track communications between a client in the ticket, otherwise it will be too cumbersome. This is a feature I would need before I started using this product.

Thank you.

lpopejoy
May 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM
What day next week did you say that release was coming out!? ;)