PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request Feedback on Scanning Docs

g2computersolutions
May 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I was sitting here about to add some docs to a file and put in my file cabinet when I thought about the idea of scanning them first and putting them in the documents folder inCommitCRM. Then I had the added thought of CommitCRM having a twain interface that would support me scanning a doc directly into CommitCRM so I can maintain all my records related to the various accounts, receipts, etc....without having to do the scan then drag and drop intoCommitCRM.

The way I envision it is this....

1. You go to the Doc tab for the account
2. Right click or select the option to AQUIRE within Commit
3. Scan the document(s) directly into the folder for Commit
4. Update any needed notes on the interface that already exist
5. Relax knowing that your records are updated for the client.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

t3g123
May 26th, 2009, 01:56 PM
is this available or is this just an idea?? this is exactly what i need CommitCRM to do!!

g2computersolutions
May 26th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately, it's just an idea that I put forth. Nobody has said anything about it, so I'm not sure it's getting much attention. I really hope someone picks up on it since I think it would be a great addition to the program.

Support Team
May 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
We logged this request so we'll consider it in the future. Thanks.

Currently you can file scanned documents in RangerMSP, though, it doesn't include scanning directly into RangerMSP.

With the current version you can:

Scan the document to a file and drag/drop the files from Windows Explorer right into the Account/Ticket/Contract/Asset/etc in RangerMSP. The file can be scanned and stored in any format - tiff, PDF, etc.
The scanned doc will then become a Document in RangerMSP, displayed under the Account Docs tab and displayed under the Ticket/Sales opportunity/Contract/etc. - if linked.
Wheneve you double click it it'll open the associated viewer according to the file format.

In case you have multiple documents to scan you can scan all of them into a new folder you create (or an existing one) and then use the 'Import Documents Folder' to quickly import all the scanned documents into RangerMSP at once (right click above the Account/Tickets/Contract/... Docs tab and select this option from the menu).

HTH and thanks for suggesting direct scanning.

Neta

stefan9162
November 6th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Hi

I am new to CommitCRM and this forum so please be gentle.

Scanning directly to CommitCRM would be really useful, we keep scan all work sheets completed by engineers. This would be really easy if we could scan directly from the DOCS tab when processing engineers call sheets.

Stefan

Support Team
November 6th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Hi Stefan,

Welcome to the RangerMSP forums, and thanks you for posting this.
Thanks for the great feedback, and I've marked your vote to the feature request already in place for this thread.
Thanks again, Stefan.

Reno Breen

lpopejoy
November 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Even if CommitCRM could automatically scan your documents folders for new documents... That way if you used Explorer to save a file under clientfiles\your client name it would automatically show up on the Docs tab of that account. That would be SWEET. And SIMPLE! :) Then you could use whatever scanning software you wanted to, etc... But TWAIN interface would be sweet too!