PDA

View Full Version : Sales Tax Question

dytechs
May 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I am beginning the setup for sales tax but I have no idea what the 'tax code' box is for. It only has room for one digit. What is supposed to be in that box or is there a way to increase the digit size for that box?

Thanks,
Miranda

Support Team
May 5th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hi Miranda,

The tax code field helps identify the tax when using it for accounts and items. This field is limited to a single number/character, and you may use any digit or letter (a, b, c, etc.) in this field. Note that when using taxes in RangerMSP, you should define the same tax code both for the account and for the item. You can read more about using taxes here.

Dina

dytechs
May 5th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I've run out of single digits to do this. I need to list the counties we sell to in GA. Or is there a way to get the tickets to pull the correct county in QB's when I send the invoices over?

For instance,if I have a ticket from Blakely, GA which is in Early County and it pulls into quickbooks it defaults to Bibb County, which is where our home office is. The tax information is already a part of the customer profile in QB, is there a way to make the taxes show up correctly on the invoices?

Support Team
May 5th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hi,

Actually, when using QuickBooks, this is exactly how it works - the taxes are taken from QuickBooks, as your main accounting system (all taxes set in RangerMSP do not affect the QB invoice and are there for internal charges/taxes reports within RangerMSP only). So, I believe this should work for you as you expect.

Dina