PDA

View Full Version : Various Billing Charges

emedina
May 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
I have accounts that are charged normal labeor rates for services performed during regular office hours. The rate changes for off hours service. If the account requests a project to be performed, a third rate may appliy. The account may also have a contract that stipulates that a certain number of hours would be perfomed for a specific rate. How can I customize these rates without having to apply them to a specific employee. For example.

Business Hour Rate: $160/hr
Off Hour Rate: $240/hr
Project Rate: $190/hr

Contract Rate: $150/hr

Support Team
May 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Hi emedina,

RangerMSP provides various ways for setting up special item rates in the item level, the Account level or in the Contract level.

To answer your question - for different labor rates you can define a different item for each, and set the rate as the item's fixed price. Each item can have the price predefined in the item itself, so when you need to enter a labor charge for the "regular" rate, you use a specific item, and when entering a charge for "off hour" rates, you should use a different item for this purpose.

In addition, for project with special rates, you can use the "Custom Price" option in the Contract. For each project, you can define a contract under which you will manage all the activity. You can then define a custom price for this contract, and set a special hourly rate or fixed price for items. You can click here for more details on managing custom prices for contracts.

I believe these options will provide you with what you need.

Ethan

emedina
May 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Thank You