PDA

View Full Version : Creating account numbers in CommitCRM

g2computersolutions
April 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Is there a way in CommitCRM to have account numbers created automatically? I would like to create an account and have a reference number for that account other than just the name records. This way, I assume, I would be able to modify the name of the account or make other changes without loosing any of the records associated with it.

Support Team
April 29th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Each Account has several fields where you can store its ID (such as 'Account#') and then search/refer to it by this ID. However, you need to specify IDs manually and use any ID format you wish - 'A123-A', '12345', 'C08-234A' or anything you like.

That said, each Account is automatically assigned with a RECID.
RECIDs are unique and will never change even when you completely change the accounts fields (including names).
The Account' REDID is displayed under the 'Notes' tab. Click the RECID button and you'll see it, you can also right click above this button and from the drop down menu select the 'Copy' option to copy the Account' RECID to the clipboard.
Note that RECIDs are pretty long (20 characters), which is not always useful when you want to easily refer an Account by ID ('Account 1001' is much more memorable).

Doron